Hello to our 2nd installment of How to Have a Luxury Bedroom Now!
We have shared in our first installment on how bed linens and maximizing space can mean for you luxury bedroom.
And now, we will explore the next chapter – how to have a luxury bedroom color. Your luxury bedroom colors can have an effect on what our eyes perceive as small or large. That’s why you want to stay away from darker colors, as they will absorb the available light spilling in through the window.
This post contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. See my full disclaimer here
Tip #3: Choose a Peaceful Color Palette to Have a Luxury Bedroom
No matter how much you love the colors red, black, navy blue, and dark purple, you will want to stay away from such harsh and intense colors in the painting of your bedroom. As we just mentioned, darker colors tend to absorb the light around them, making a space actually appear smaller to our eyeballs. It tricks our eyes and gives the impression of a tighter, smaller space.
Not to mention, colors like red can trigger alarm in our brains. And will make it hard for us to sleep peacefully. And that is why you want a color palette that is calm, cool, and collected. Most interior designers will agree that a neutral color palette leads to a serene state of mind, where you can relax and unwind after a stimulating day.
Therefore, it’s in your best interest to work with the following palettes:
Check out the Popular Bedroom Colors from BEHR.com.
FIRST INSTALLMENT POST: How To Have a Luxury Bedroom Now : 1st Installment
To have a luxury bedroom, ensure the bed matches the color scheme, typically best in white or blue.
If you feel like you are lacking in color coordination, try picking just one color and white for the entire room. White looks perfect with a beige, a pale blue, or a pale purple, which makes it easy for anyone to get that luxury appearance going right in their humble abode.
RELATED POST: 10 Beautiful Flowers Inspired Color Palettes To Try For Spring
Tip #4: Don’t Forget the Finer Details
Don’t worry – you still get to have fun with the finer details as well. Sometimes, it’s those little accents in our spaces that transform them from average to extraordinary. Adding in those tiny touches can make or break the final presentation of a bedroom, which is why we’re going to provide you with some suggestions to ensure you get it right:
- Candles: Nothing screams luxury more than an expensive candle. Consider adding a few around the room and ensure that they match your color scheme.
- Artwork: Art is a great staple piece that can really bring the entire room together. Consider one large painting, or perhaps a few smaller options that are laid out in an asymmetrical pattern.
- Flowers: We will look at the importance of greenery in your bedroom in a coming chapter. But if possible, it’s always good practice to keep some in a vase by the bed.
- Books: Placing a few books with matching colors to your room on shelving is a great way to make the room still look approachable, yet sophisticated.
- Jewelry Holders: You can have a lot of fun with how you choose to organize jewelry in a bedroom. Consider brass, gold, or silver structures that display your jewelry in a classy way.
Of course, not every detail is created equal, which is why we are going to beg you to forgo the following options:
- Picture Frames: Although photos can be classily added to any space, try and refrain from filling the room with cheap picture frames. To have a luxury bedroom, it’s in the details.
- Fake Flowers: Everyone can tell when flowers and fruit are fake. You are better off forgoing it altogether. Please buy the real deal if you can.
- Laundry Baskets: No one wants to look at dirty laundry. Place it in the closet, or hang it behind the door so you can feel cleansed when you lay down in bed at night. Because it takes away the value and not a great way to have a luxury bedroom.
NEXT READ: Top 10 Best Luxury Bed Sheets to Obsessed About
Don’t forget to maintain your personality in your luxury bedroom. To have a luxury bedroom, personalize it. If you love to collect comics, consider having one mounted and framed in a classy structure that matches the rest of the room. The same goes for records, jewelry pieces, and so forth. Just remember: less is more.