Intro to Luxury Bedroom Design & Décor
We spend a lot of time in our bedrooms. In fact, we spend so much time in our bedrooms, mostly sleeping, that for a person who lives to 75-years-old, they will spend 25 of those years asleep, in their bed, at home. Our bodies need a breather from the hustle and bustle of every day, which is why your bedroom sanctuary is so important for your rejuvenation, vitality, and creativity.
Too many people will just accept that their room is bland, mundane, cheap, and uninspiring. If they are only sleeping in their bedroom, why should they try and give it some extra pizazz? The truth is: your bedroom is where you dream, read, imagine, grow, mature, and start your family. It’s the beginning and the end in so many different ways, which is why you deserve to wake up every single in a room that inspires you.
You are worth a luxury bedroom setting and appearance. The good news is: you don’t have to be an interior designer with a fancy degree to luxury-up your bedroom. There are easy ways to maximize space, draw on color, add in accents, play with lighting, and de-clutter unneeded furniture pieces so that guests will think your bedroom is a 5-star luxury hotel setting.
Modern style is something that can be yours, right in your sleeping sanctuary especially if you make the effort to follow our style ideas for your new luxury bedroom.
Let’s get started!
This post contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. See my full disclaimer here.
However, since we’re aiming to provide more in-depth ways and pointers, we decided to break up this post and provide installments!
Tip #1: Refresh the Bed Linens
Before we dive too deeply into interior design theories, color palettes, and décor, let’s first look at the most important, central piece of the room: the bed. Specifically, the linens that cover the bed. Egyptian cotton and pure silk look entirely different, even to people who don’t know much about bedroom décor.
Your linens say a lot about the attention to detail and luxury that you were willing to put into the room, which is why you need to start with refreshing your bed linens. This comprises your luxury bedroom.
The good news is: you have options. Whether you’re a silk kind of person, or you prefer cotton, here are some of the best bed sheet sets available to you today to start spicing up your luxury bedroom.
- Grande Hotel Fitted Sheet
- Tuft&Needle Linen Sheet Set
- Brushed Cotton Fitted Sheet
- Charlotte Thomas Bed Sheets
- Frette Hellas Seaweed Border
- Millesimo Bed Sheets
- Sferra Milos Seamist Egyptian Cotton Sateen
Of course, there are a variety of other selections that you can find for a slightly lower price depending upon your budget.
Once you select the linens that are right for you, don’t forget to maintain their presentation and appearance. Getting it neat and tidy elevates your luxury bedroom.
Making Your Own Luxury Linen Spray
Linens can be ironed with a specific spray to ensure they remain perfectly presentable and preserved. Consider making a DIY linen spray that requires a drop of a few capfuls of vodka into a pint-sized spray bottle of distilled water. Add in 20 drops of your favorite essential oil, like rose or lavender. Shake it all together and give the linens a spritz every now and then. Not only will the oils make your bed smell delicious, but they will also help to soothe your weary mind as you drift off into a deep slumber.
Remember: Don’t be afraid to get hands-on with your linens. You need to have linens that feel good to YOU. That’s what the luxury bedroom is all for.
Tip #2: Maximize Your Space
Think of your bedroom space as your décor canvas. The space will dictate what you can and can’t do, as well as the size of furniture pieces, rug layouts, and so forth. Some bedrooms are afforded a tremendous amount of space, while others have to work with a tiny amount of space, classic in bigger cities.
Obviously, we associate more space within a home as a more luxurious home, as no one wants to feel crammed into a tiny shoebox. That’s why the next tip on our list is for you to maximize the space you are working with.
This is going to require you to get clever. Here are a few easy ways to make the most out of your situation:
- Install Shelves Where Appropriate: Don’t get out of control with shelving as it can start to have an opposite, crowded effect. Consider two identical shelves around the perimeter walls of your luxury bedroom that help you clear clutter off of nightstands, as well as the floor.
- Clothing Racks: Racks for clothes don’t have to look like massive, bulky, and cheap structures. Instead, you can get clever and suspend a wooden rod from the ceiling using two chains. It will add a central focal point to the room, while you are able to remove boxes and storage units on the ground.
- Shoe Racks Inside Closets: Shoe racks can sneakily fit at the bottom of any closet, helping you to keep rogue shoes stored away so your room appears larger to the eye.
- Hide Your Laundry Hamper: If you don’t have a closet, consider hanging your laundry hamper on the back of your door where it will remain concealed to all visitors. This way it’s not an eye sore in your luxury bedroom.
- Consider Dual-Purpose Pieces: Many foot rests, benches, etc. can also double as storage inside. Get creative and use a few of these items to keep your room clutter-free.
- Remove Unnecessary Furniture: Crowding is one of the easiest ways to make a large space appear small.
As we will explore in the next chapter, your bedroom colors can have an effect on what our eyes perceive as small or large. That’s why you want to stay away from darker colors, as they will absorb the available light spilling in through the window.
How do you like our first installment of Luxury Bedroom tips? Let us know down below in the comments if these are helpful and if you want to read more posts like this.
As always, your home is your safe haven and sanctuary. And your bedroom is where you can be just you. Having a luxury bedroom is all up to you. Do what makes you feel good. Invest in pieces that beneficial and worth it in the long run.